Sharon is an experienced and committed speech-language pathologist who is passionate about all areas of communication and in ensuring her team provides a quality evidence based service to all clientele.
She has extensive experience in early intervention, in both primary and secondary schools and has worked for over 20 years across a variety of sectors including Community Health, the Education Department and in private practice. In addition to the PIC practice in Melbourne, she and her team also services the Geelong area.
Sharon is accredited to work within the Helping Children with Autism, Better Start and NDIS funding programs. In keeping with her strong commitment to a multidisciplinary approach, she works together with Occupational Therapists and Psychologists to provide both individual services and group programs.
Her personal interest is working in the Social Cognitive Communication domain and she runs social communication groups for varied age groups, including adults.
In addition to clinical practice, Sharon has developed a program in social communication for teenagers and their parents. This program is currently accredited as a pilot research project and the results will inform intervention practices for this client group.
Sharon continues to enhance her expertise through participation in national conferences, national and international seminars and training programs that include:
- Post-grad diploma in Learning Disabilities
- Hanen – It Takes Two to Talk, More Than Words and Talkability trained.
- PROMPT – 3 day Introduction workshop.
- ESDM – Introduction to the Early Start Denver Model.
- PODD – Introductory workshop.
- Social Thinking® - Clinical Training Program, Level 1A, San Jose, USA.
- Secret Agent Society (SAS) 2nd Ed. social skills program – certified facilitator.
- Tuning in to Teens™ Program - certified facilitator.
- Presenter at the 2018 Social Thinking® Provider Conference San Francisco