Director & Speech-Language Pathologist
Sharon is an experienced and committed speech-language pathologist who is passionate about all areas of communication and in ensuring her team provides a quality evidence based service to all clientele.
She has extensive experience in early intervention, in both primary and secondary schools and has worked for over 20 years across a variety of sectors including Community Health, the Education Department and in private practice. In addition to the PIC practice in Melbourne, she and her team also services the Geelong area.
- Secret Agent Society Facilitator Training (Social Skills Training Institute)
- Tuning into Teens - Emotionally Intelligent Parenting (Christiane E. Kehoe, Mindful Centre)
- Tracking Better (R) Regulation Workshop (Deeta Kimber, Mindful Centre)
- Anxiety and ASD (Fiona Zandt, Mindful Centre)
- Social Thinking Training, Nancy Clements (Social Thinking)
- Alert Program Facilitator Training (Sue Williams & Sherry Shellenberger)
- More Than Words, Talkability (Hanen)
- Understanding and Responding to Child Abuse and Exploitation (Cacet Global)
Tess is a Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist. She received her Master's Degree from La Trobe university. Tess has experience working with children with speech and language delays in numerous settings such as primary schools and various communication clinics. Tess has a great interest in working with children with social deficits in particular she enjoys running social skills groups for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Tess enjoys working alongside other allied health professions and caregivers in order to help children reach their full communication potential. Tess is a highly driven and creative clinician.
- Inclusion of Students with Speech, Language and Communication Needs (Vic. Dept of Ed & Training)
- Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder (Vic. Dept of Ed & Training)
- Understanding dyslexia and Significant Difficulties in Reading (Vic. Dept of Ed & Training)
- Revved Up (Stride)
- Calm Kids 2 - Mindfulness for Autism, Asperger's, ADAD & Anxiety P-12 (Kate Cooper)
Lisa is a Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist who has over 25 years experience working with children with varied communication difficulties. She has worked with families from a wide variety of cultural and language backgrounds. Lisa is passionate about working with families to achieve the best outcomes for each child’s communication development. She enjoys providing creative therapy within an individual or group context, and strongly believes in play therapy with young children.
Over the years, she has provided therapy across a number of settings, including, clinics, crèche, and kindergartens, primary and secondary and special schools. Lisa has special interest in early intervention in developmental speech and language delays, early literacy development and language based learning difficulties.
- Teaching Social Thinking in the Preschool and Early Primary Years (Social Thinking® Australia)
- Diagnosis, Assessment and Intervention of children with autism (Jacqueline Roberts)
- Zones of Regulation: Newest Thinking and Teaching Tools (Michelle Garcia Winner and Leah Kuypers)
- Mechanics of Feelings in ASD (Dr Deeta Kimber)
- Practical Strategies for working with Anxiety and Autism Spectrum Disorders (Fiona Zandt)
- Executive Function Skills and Strategies (Sarah Ward)
Kerri Newfield has recently graduated from a Bachelor of Applied Science and Masters in Speech Pathology at La Trobe University. Kerri is enthusiastic to continue applying her knowledge of quality evidence-based practices to ensure optimal outcomes for clients and their families. Kerri supports the social skill groups and implements individual therapy to clients. Whilst at University, she has received both clinical and volunteer experience across a variety of sectors. This includes working with primary school aged with a range of speech, language, literacy and social communication difficulties, and adults with communication and swallowing difficulties within the hospital setting. Kerri is also an ongoing volunteer for Flying Fox, an organisation providing social opportunities to people with a disability. She has a keen interest in all areas of paediatric communication and feeding/swallowing difficulties, and looks forward to pursuing her passion as a speech pathologist.
Linda is the part – time Office Manager of Partners in Communication. She became part of the team in August 2015. Her responsibilities cover many aspects of the business, including billing, appointments, Group Sessions, and Client Liaison. Prior to Partners in Communication Linda was busy raising her 2 boys, previous to that she was in IT Communications.
She will take great pleasure in helping you with your queries. To contact Linda please email on admin@partnersincommunciation.
Assistant office manager
Fiona is the part – time Assistant Office Manager of Partners in Communication. She became part of the team in May 2017. Her responsibilities cover many aspects of the business, including billing, appointments, group sessions, and client liaison. Prior to Partners in Communication Fiona was busy raising her 3 children.
She will take great pleasure in helping you with your queries. To contact Fiona please email on firstname.lastname@example.org and she will gladly help you with your enquiry.
Our assistants contract with PIC to provide group programs, tailored therapy
sessions or information sessions.
Our consultants contract with PIC to provide group programs, tailored therapy
sessions or information sessions.
For some, their personal contact details are provided.
Karyn has worked as a Paediatric Occupational Therapist for over ten years. She completed a Master of Occupational Therapy Practice in 2004 having previously studied an Arts Degree with honours in Psychology. Karyn has experience working with children of all ages across a range of settings. She has set up a school based occupational therapy program, worked in Early Childhood Intervention (ECIS), as a Tafe lecturer and in various project positions. Karyn is an experienced presenter delivering education sessions to parents, teachers and allied health professionals.
Contact Ph: 0404 377 076 E: email@example.com
Marcella is a speech-language pathologist with over 25 years experience. She has specialised in child and adolescent mental health after working in education for many years and in private practice. She has a keen interest in autism spectrum disorders, social communication, language-learning difficulties and literacy. Additional training includes:
- Masters in Special Education
- Developmental Psychiatry Course
- Child, Adolescent and Family Therapies
- Secret Agent Society (SAS) 2nd Ed. social skills program - certified facilitator
- Tuning into Teens - certified facilitator
- Hanen - It Takes Two to Talk
Monica provides excellence in clinical and professional supervision and training. She is a resilient and skilled Clinical Psychologist with over 23 years experience working in a range of settings including paediatric, child and adolescent mental health, community, inpatient, and private practice. Approved by the Psychology Board of Australia to act as a supervisor, Monica has years of experience working with some of the most highly regarded facilities internationally. She has specialised in child and adolescent mental health, psychodynamic psychotherapy, working within complex systems and evidence based psychological therapies.
Sergio Giurina - consultant
Sergio is a psychologist who has been in private practice for the past 15 years with extensive experience working with Children, Adolescents and their Families.
He utilises a range of therapeutic modalities that include:
- Cognitive Therapies (such as CBT, REBT, ACT,)
- Family Therapy (Systemic / Structural)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing)
- Positive Parenting Program (PPP)
Contact Ph: 0412 691 847 E: firstname.lastname@example.org